YOU by Charles Benoit

You have to read YOU.

I know it’s not out yet, but you’ve got snag an ARC or pre-order this book. Now.

I’m not kidding or exaggerating. For real.

People will be talking about this book for years.

In YOU, you become the protagonist. Author Charles Benoit’s characterization of sophomore Kyle Chase is so deep and so real, the reader is pulled under his skin. We feel the tug of his vanishing  smile, the catch of his breath, and the burn of his broken heart.

The novel follows Kyle’s choices, his path as he hurtles toward the inevitable. His story will break your heart and heal it. Even as the helpless, hopeless feeling grips you, you’ll want to share Kyle’s journey with others. You’ll want to pass YOU along because Kyle is someone you know.

Kyle is YOU.

About Jenny Martin

Librarian, Writer, Beatlemaniac
Posted in Book Reviews, Uncategorized Tagged , , ,

13 Responses to YOU by Charles Benoit

1. karen says:

Er, so you like this book Scarlet? Will snag it ASAP!

Wow, the power of librarians…

2. jmartinlibrary says:

I’m tellin’ ya, I haven’t felt this strongly about a book in a while. YOU is a singular experience.

And I read a LOT of books!

3. Jemi Fraser says:

Wow – sounds like an incredible book! Can’t wait! 🙂

4. jmartinlibrary says:

Jemi, it IS incredible. I know it will be one you’ll want to pass along to HS students and adults alike.

5. ChristaCarol says:

Oh, gimmee gimmee! This sounds great. I need to go win an ARC I don’t want to wait for the release! By then I’ll be back in school. Gr.

6. Lynne says:

Yes, it is an awesome book! The HarperCollins representative who handed me the ARC at TLA said that reading YOU is like “watching the Titanic sink and hoping they’ll be okay this time.” You know from the beginning that things are not going to end well, but you have to keep reading to see how everything unfolds.

7. jmartinlibrary says:

Lynne, I wish I would have sought you out at TLA! Next year, for sure, right?

8. Lynne says:

Yes, next year I want to go to TLA in Austin for sure, and for more than one day!

9. catwoods says:

Awesome rec. You definitely have a way of persuading me to read certain books.

I have so much respect for librarians.

~hugs

• jmartinlibrary says:

That’s kind of you to say. I know you have great taste in books, yourself. I know I book talk a lot, but this one really is something special. You’ll be glad you read it.

10. I can’t wait to read this. It looks enticing and if it’s as good as you say it is…

11. Pingback: Everyone is Talking about YOU | the pageturn