EYE OF THE AGENT

Are you ready to see a Rock-tastic face melting performance?

Then I suggest you iTunes  a Kings of Leon video.

Are you ready to watch Scarlet Whisper make a fool of herself?

Then look no further. I am here to amuse you. And make your ears bleed.

You’ve heard Eye of the Tiger. Now listen to EYE OF THE AGENT!

Eye of The Agent

Risin’ up, back in the slush,
Took my crits and I revised.
Went to workshop, and I rewrote this mush
Just a hack and her will to survive.

So many times, it happened so fast,
An auto-reject from Bransford
Don’t lose your grip on your work in progress,
You must write just keep it alive

It’s the eye of the agent, it’s the thrill of the slush
Risin’ up to the challenge of the query,
And the last known survivor gets a partial request,
And he’s watchin’ us all in the eye of the agent.

Page to page, stuck in the inbox,
Hangin’ tough, keep on scribblin’
Full rejections with a scrap of feedback,
Help us kill, find the will to revise.

It’s the eye of the agent, it’s thrill of the slush,
Risin’ up to the challenge of the query,
And the last known survivor gets a partial request
And he’s watchin’ us all in the eye of the agent.

Risin’ up, straight to the pile,
Killed my gerunds and my adverbs.
Got some tension, now I’m not gonna stop,
Just hack and her will to survive

The eye of the agent…

Still Hungry?

Make like Elvis and grab a hunk o’ Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

2 sticks butter

8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, or cut up  bars

5 large eggs

1/2 cup sugar

Pinch of salt

4 teaspoons flour

8 extra-large paper muffin cups (or use greased ramekins).

Melt butter and chocolate on very low heat; remove from heat. Beat eggs, sugar and salt with a hand mixer in a medium bowl until sugar dissolves. Beat egg mixture into chocolate until smooth. Combine with flour.   Heat oven to 450 degrees. Line a standard-size muffin tin (1/2 cup capacity or use ramekins) with 8 extra-large muffin papers. Spray muffin papers with cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups. Bake until cakes puff but center is not set, 8 to 10 minutes. Pull papers away from cakes or lift out cakes before serving.
Binge!

About Jenny Martin

Librarian, Writer, Beatlemaniac
Posted in Uncategorized, Writing Tagged , , , , , , ,

23 Responses to EYE OF THE AGENT

1. Jemi Fraser says:

You can sing!!! That was so incredibly awesome! You are one talented lady 🙂

I’ll be able to say, “I knew you when…” 🙂

2. jmartinlibrarian says:

Man, I was in a cold sweat recording that, but I’d do anything to make you guys laugh!

3. That was AWESOME! I am completely impressed– you rock!!

4. Jen says:

rockin hilarious and you can sing!

5. Jean says:

I echo TK: That was AWESOME! Totally awesome. If writing doesn’t happen for you, you can fall back on singing!

This is a must see/read for all those aspiring writers out there. It’s thematic and inspiring!

Cool beans, girl. Rock on.

6. Pingback: Writer Rock Video: Eye of the Agent @ Jean Oram (.com)

• jmartinlibrarian says:

Jean, I don’t mind a bit. Embed away, if you are so inclined. Thanks for the shoutout (or singout?)! 😉

7. Jean says:

P.S. That was so cool I had to share it on Twitter and on my blog too. I hope you don’t mind. (I linked to this post, I didn’t embed the video.)

8. Belle says:

I love this! Drinking’s okay but no hard drugs – sounds good to me. I’m entering the revision process with my last WIP …

9. Jemi Fraser says:

I posted a link on my blog too, Jenny – I think your song is one of the best things I’ve seen on the Internet lately 🙂

10. Jenny, I have a little something for you over on my blog. 🙂

11. ChristaCarol says:

You are full of awesome. Great job, lady. You are so coming to my karaoke party!

12. moderndaystoryteller says:

HAHAHA!!! Just when I thought you couldn’t top Spam I Am. Wish I had found this sooner. Watch out for the plug on Twitter. And the Molten Choc Lava Cake recipe at the end? Priceless! The thrill of the slush indeed, Scarlet. Nobody can rock it quite like you!

13. cmcraig says:

Ahhh this was AWESOME!!!! You can sing, girl!! Too funny, cracked me right up!

14. I found this link on Jemi’s blog and had to come over to check you out. It’s priceless! And congratulations on landing your very own agent.

• jmartinlibrary says:

Thank you, Patricia. Jemi is matchless at nurturing a community of writers. Glad you enjoyed the link!